Sunday, June 18, 2006

Living in the past..

The last few days have been somewhat like living the older days once again.. And that has been because I have been meeting so many of my older friends. I had finally packed off from IIT and was enjoying my stay back home. And with that, I also got to be in the company of some of my best buddies from school and college.

I now feel that I am really indebted to Orkut because it finally got me back in touch with one of my best friends from school.. Aseem. I had never known his whereabouts since the past five years and was wondering how life would have turned out for him. But then a couple of weeks back, he added me on orkut and we could get to meet each other! What a great time it was... I went over to his place and we spent an evening together reliving the memories from the good old school days. The various experiences from college that we shared also brought back genuine smiles to our faces.

Then next was meeting up with my Standard X class teacher (Mrs. Nathan).. someone who had taught me since standard VIII and has played a pivotal role in shaping the way I think and feel... I was always impressed by the balance of kindness and agression in her teaching and few teachers have been able to strike that balance... She was a master when it came to teaching English Grammar... and having her as a class teacher in Std X also allowed her to leave a permanent mark on my moral values... When I and Arvind met her, she was still the same self that she was six years ago and we had a very memorable discussion on various social and moral issues...

This meeting was soon followed up by the Sathaye College Reunion... something that I was really skeptical about... since I hardly had many fond memories of Sathaye (we hardly used to attend college and most of the time during junior college was spent in coaching classes)... But Prajakta had called me up and her enthusiasm for the Reunion could not have met with a negative answer from my side.. Though she was confident that atleast 15 ppl would turn up, we finally ended up with only 9 ppl... just having a dinner at RK (Ramakrishna Restaurant, the fav hangout place for Sathaye ppl) and discussed many experiences from college... Though I was atleast saved from the embarassment of not recognizing any one, I had difficulty recalling a few names.. after all we had hardly interacted during college.... but it soon turned out to be a very good experience as we got to know each other and shared experiences from undergrad life.... We ended up by having softy at the SoftyBar (another fav place for Sathaye gang) and thanks to Arvind, we had some snaps as a memory of this most unlikely reunion for me (i was rather expecting a school reunion and not a college reunion, but the former seems uncertain as of now)...

Through all these times, I have also been enjoying the FIFA World Cup and have now have some basic literacy in football to indulge in the normal discussions among friends... also I have gained some amount of interest in F1 and am looking forward to the Canada Grand Prix... :-)

These few days spent in reliving the past have spurred up nostalgic feelings and I am now feeling more and more sad about leaving these wonderful carefree days behind and entering the new phase of life that beckons me just round the corner... the employed life!

1 comment:

ninad said...

did u call gopal for reunion? i mean, he must b first on sathaye alumni list... he must ve attended more lectures than u all combined ;)