Sunday, June 18, 2006

Finally I am done...

Finally on the 10th of June 2006, I moved out from the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay... :( I had finally come to the end of the road... The wonderful four year journey, that began on the 18th of July 2002 with the insti orientation programme, is now over... with a few letters added against my name... and loads of memories to carry away with me....

At this point, thinking back about the time when I first came to IITB, I find that life didnt exactly turn out as I had thought it would... sometimes for the good, sometimes for the worse... But it has been an enriching journey indeed... I now realise that the four years of undergraduate life are the most valuable years, where u come across so many diverse acquaintances and gather so many experiences... I just can't imagine the enormity of the impact that IIT life has had on me... from the transformation into a nocturnal creature to the changed attitude towards life, it has been a total metamorphosis for me... and apart from that, I have been lucky enough to gain the company of so many friends that this has alone made my life worthwhile... We always meet new acquaintances and make new friends at every walk of life but IIT has gifted me with such gems that make me feel deeply indebted to it...

And never before has this occured to me.. I have rediscovered myself here... And it pains my heart to leave all this behind now... The time spend in the company of these friends, the pointless night-outs, the studying on the night before the exams, the arguments, the debates over various issues of life, and the dabbling with many new activities; all of these would be mere memories now...

But that is how life is... I am done here and have to move ahead... After gaining all these experiences, I look forward to making my mark in the real world... where and how life would take a turn, I cannot tell... But being at IIT has helped me develop a positive attitude towards life... and so I am optimistic about the future turn of events... Though it would surely take some time to emerge from this hangover of nostalgia... At last, it is reality... I am an alumnus of the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay!

No comments: